Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Johannes Gutke and 2nd wife Anna Stina Oloffsson

I was able to get into touch with one of my Gutke relatives whose line is through John Magnus Gutke, son of Johannes and Anna Stina Oloffsson. Thanks, Dianne, for the response and clarification of Johannes' second wife, Anna Stina!  I look forward to seeing if your family has any histories, records, etc. about Johannes and maybe his brother Karl!!!

According to the records (secondary source) I have, Johannes and Anna were married 15 April 1849 in Foss (the parish name), Goteborg Och Bohus, Sweden. Anna was born 3 July 1822 and died 16 October 1855 in this same area of Sweden.

Their first son, Karl Johan (spelled Carl Hohan on www.familysearch.org), was christened 14 December 1849 with a birth date of 10 or 11 December 1849.  The place includes "Munkedal" which I don't know if this is the church name or what.  Karl died 8 May, 15 May or 18 May1924, but there is no place listed so I don' t yet know if he emigrated from Sweden and lived in the United States. He appears to have been married in 1870 or 1874 in the Foss Parish in Goteborg och Bohus to Andrine Bergette Andersen (1847-1913). They had no children according to this record.

I'm definitely going to look closer into the records and see what I can find on Karl, and if anyone knows more at this point, fill me in, please!!!

Johannes and Anna's second child was John (Johan) Magnus Gutke, born 1 November 1851 in Munkedal, Foss, Goteborg Och Bohus, Sweden. He married Anna Elisa Hansen, on 18 August 1881 in Salt Lake City (it appears they were sealed in the Endowment House). According to these records, they had 12 children including twins!  John Magnus died 26 October 1934 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. I am hoping that John Magnus' family has a history of him of some sort!

No comments:

Post a Comment