Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Johannes (John) Gutke obituary


I found this obituary at the LDS Church History archives. It was listed in the obituary index and has been microfilmed from the Deseret Evening News. This is Johannes; I verified him by his birth date.

Notification can also be found here at the following two links online:

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn85058130/1888-10-25/ed-1/seq-1/;words=GUTKE+Gutke

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn85058130/1888-10-26/ed-1/seq-8/;words=Gutke

2 comments:

  1. My Grandfather is John Gutke, his father is Carl Gutke and Laura is his mother they called my grandpa Jack but i know my mother told me his name was John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard the Gutke Genealogy train! I am so excited to meet everyone. If you have pictures or histories of Jack or your grandma Kate that you'd like to share, you can contact me at Denianek@gmail.com. I also plan to post more about Jack and his brothers soon! His brother Wid wrote a life history that includes a lot of stories from when they lived in Douglas, Arizona.

    ReplyDelete