Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Oscar Gutke and John E. Gutke gravestones

I went to take pictures of these graves today. It was a beautiful day! (When I went on Memorial Day it was pouring rain and I didn't have a map with me.)


Oscar's headstone at his grave in Mountain View Cemetery in Ogden, Weber County, Utah, now part of Aultorest Memorial Park. At some point someone must have put a new headstone here?  This doesn't seem like it would be the original.

DATE DISCREPENCY: I have from LDS Family Search that Oscar was born in 1871.


The grave next to Oscar's is that of his son, John E. Gutke, born in 1900 and died in 1918. It looks like it has been dug out and reset? The graves are next to some Richey's, who I believe may be relatives of Oscar's first wife Rhoda Ann Player. Maybe the Richey's let Oscar bury his son there and later buried him in the same plot. Rhoda Ann is buried in the Salt Lake City Cemetery in a plot with Oscar's father and mother, brother and sister.





No comments:

Post a Comment