Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Dorothy Gutke

What happened to Dorothy and how old was she?

Norma Gutke Ellis: She was four years old, and she got whooping cough and pneumonia at the same time.  Evidently that seemed to be a combination that they got.  And of course, then, they didn’t have anything to fight it with at all, you know, before penicillin, before anything.   I think they pretty well knew that she was going to die, and it was just before Christmas that she did die. I remember mother saying that they buried her Christmas doll with her. 


From an interview with Norma Gutke Ellis at her home in Salt Lake City, Utah on 9/25/2005. Interviewed by Dennis Gutke, Norma's nephew, and Dennis's daughter, Deniane Gutke Kartchner.

No comments:

Post a Comment