Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Blown glass paper weights



Norma Gutke Ellis:


Every time that we would go to Grandma's (Maria Christina Andersson Gutke), she had this fireplace and the mantel on top. And she had these paper weights on there, and I just loved them from the time I was little. And of course, I couldn't touch them, so when I got a little bit older Dad would sit me on a rug in front of the fireplace, and then he would reach up and get one and put it in my lap so I could look at it. And so, when the time came with Grandma, she ended up giving them to me. And the rest of the family have hated me forever. (chuckle)


I'm not positive, but I have always felt that ... assumed that ... they came from Sweden. It's a paperweight. They're heavy.


From an interview with Norma Gutke Ellis at her home in Salt Lake City, Utah on 9/25/2005. Interviewed by Dennis Gutke, Norma's nephew, and Dennis's daughter, Deniane Gutke Kartchner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment