Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Swedish influences

Grandma was cute.  She was really interesting. Grandpa, was ... dapper, very dapper. I think he went on several missions, and he evidently spoke English very well, but Grandma, she couldn't lose that Swedish  "touch" and she said a lot of really interesting things. People didn't "eat," they "ett" was one of them. And "wind-der", she said. And my dad always said "Wind-der" instead of window. There were a lot of these little things that were passed down.


From an interview with Norma Gutke Ellis at her home in Salt Lake City, Utah on 9/25/2005. Interviewed by Dennis Gutke, Norma's nephew, and Dennis's daughter, Deniane Gutke Kartchner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment