Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Info about Beatrice Gutke from sister-in-law

From Norma Gutke Ellis:


We always called her Bea. The thing that I know is that (Clyde and Gladys) were married in 1934, and see, I was born in 1924, so I was 10 years old when they married. I was really quite young when Bea died; that's what makes me think that there were a lot of years in there before he remarried. And Bea must have died around Valentine's Day. 

In fact, I talked about it when we went there for Johnny's (Bea's brother-in-law) funeral, there at the cemetery, and told her (Bonnie, Bea's sister) the thing that I remember clearly... and there again, they had Bea, the viewing, in the home; they lived on State Street, I think.  They were just living in a little apartment, so it was at the Olsen home that they had the viewing.  And what impressed me so much, now, Bonnie was three years older (than me), you know, and what I remember is that she had made this special valentine for her sister. To me it was a gorgeous, gorgeous valentine, and she put it in the casket with Bea. And I can just see that in my mind, you know how some things in your life as you go along they're just there? I can just see that casket there with Bea, and I can see this beautiful valentine... red, kind of doily-like. It's one that she had made. But I thought how sweet, just being a little kid I thought that was really nice to do that.


From an interview with Norma Gutke Ellis at her home in Salt Lake City, Utah on 9/25/2005. Interviewed by Dennis Gutke, Norma's nephew, and Dennis's daughter, Deniane Gutke Kartchner. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment