Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


Clyde and Gladys played tennis

This photo is of Clyde, standing by the trash can with his tennis racket. :) Grandma (Gladys Gutke) in an interview in 1989 told me that when they were first married they lived in a duplex near a tennis court. "He'd come home from work, and I'd have dinner all ready," she said. "We'd do up the dishes and go to the tennis courts. And we'd play tennis until they turned the lights out. We did that practically every night." Grandma learned to play tennis in junior high; she said that she taught Grandpa how to play.



Gladys Gutke playing tennis.  I love this photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment