Welcome!

This blog is dedicated to my parents, brothers, sister, and cousins who are descendants of Johannes (John) Gutke and Johanna Mork Gutke (pictured above). I am in the process of posting everything I have, so that I can back up documents/photos and also access the info from any location. There are likely to be mistakes, so check back often and feel free to comment if you have corrections!

Sincerely,

Deniane Gutke Kartchner

Denianek@gmail.com


This newspaper clipping is dated Thursday, Feb. 6, 1975. I believe that the photo was taken on Holladay Blvd. where Grandpa worked (after retirement) as a school crossing guard. I would like to research if there is more to the story, or if this is just a candid photo in a community section. The newspaper isn't named, but it would be either the Deseret News or the Salt Lake Tribune. What memories do any of you have about Grandpa being the school crossing guard? And what happened to this hat? Dad (Dennis), do you have it?

2 comments:

  1. Deniane, That article appeared in the Green Sheet, a smaller newspaper that circulated and still does, I think, in Salt Lake County.
    It was competition to the Magna Times when I worked there in the early 90s.
    Anyway, it states in the article that it was printed in the Green Sheet.
    -Necia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Necia. I guess I erroneously assumed that the Green Sheet was the name of a section or of a column rather than the publication. I appreciate your input!!

    ReplyDelete